Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

November 7, 2011

Foodbuzz Fest 2011

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending the 3rd Annual Foodbuzz Food Bloggers Fest in San Francisco.  A weekend full of food, friends, drink and spending time in one of my favorite places....San Francisco.

Friday night, the kick-off party was held at Terra Gallery for the welcome reception, dinner and blogger awards ceremony.  I was an hour and a half late due to horrific traffic heading over the Golden Gate, I totally forgot to adjust my travel time by compensating for Friday night traffic into the city.

Once I finally arrived, the party was in full swing.  With camera in hand, a plate of food and a cocktail, it was time to relax and enjoy.







































The sampling on my plate included; brown sugar roasted chicken, whipped potatoes with pecorino cheese on meatloaf muffins, baked four cheese macaroni and some butternut squash orzo....SO good!




Saving room for dessert is sometimes a difficult task at events like this, but of course, manageable.























I had one of these....heirloom pumpkin tart.

















One of these; a Silky Pomegranate which included candied kumquat and fresh pomegranate seeds.
















And before I knew it, the night ended.
















The next morning, my traffic problems from the night before were non-existent on a Saturday at 7:30 a.m., thankfully. 

The morning sessions were held at Foodbuzz headquarters in the Federated Media building.  I took some fantastic classes; one on photography given by:
Greg Henry {Sippity Sup}

Chuck Lai {Foodgawker}
and
Angi Chau {Rice and Wheat}




Another highly informative and entertaining session on social media that I sat in on was given by:
Irvin Lin {Eat the Love}
and
Stella Parks {BraveTart} who also happens to be a HUGE Star Trek fan for all you trekkies out there.

After the morning sessions ended, it was off to the Metreon for the Tasting Pavilion portion of the day.
My favorite, by far, was the food presented by Alaska Seafood.  I could have eaten four plate-fulls for sure.
















But I didn't.  Instead I found my way over to beer booth.  Now, stout has never been a favorite of mine, a bit heavy for me but after tasting this Bison Chocolate Stout, I am now a fan.  I'm heading over to Bev and More to buy some right after I finish up this post.
















I put my friends to work when they're with me and I'm blogging and after a few samples of that chocolate stout, the photos get a little ridiculous for sure.....I can't even show you all of them.
















I came home with a big ol' bottle of Dippin' Sauce.  I don't know HOW many meatballs covered in Hickory Dippin' Sauce I consumed.....what can I say, I'm a meat eater.
















Guacamole made with TerraSonoma Verjus was to die for....






















Followed by some Chopped Olive spread, so good!



We couldn't leave the Tasting Pavillion without something sweet.  Gary, of Napa Valley Fudge Company hooked us up!  Is there anything better than fudge?  With wine?  























This fudge is a must try!



Any chance I can get to spend time in the city, I'm there.  When food, drink and parties are involved, even better.  I'm already looking forward to next year.  The Foodbuzz Fest just keeps getting better and better.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wine, fudge, seafood, meatballs in sauce? dessert? yup! yummy!

Michelle said...

I would have LOVED all of this! Looks like such a great experience.

Sue said...

What a fun weekend you had, the food looks so delicious,

Suz and Allan said...

Wonderful pictures! I'm a sucker for some great fudge!

Weekend Cowgirl said...

What a fun weekend! I would love to go there just to eat!!