Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 20, 2010

Easy Chicken Marinara

If we're not eating beef for dinner, chicken is usually on the dinner menu.  I'm always in search different ways to prepare a chicken dish that will be loved by everyone.  I think almost anything tastes great when it's topped with cheese, so this is what I came up with last night.  


Easy Chicken Marinara



I browned two breaded chicken breasts and three breaded boneless, skinless thighs in a skillet with a tablespoon or so of olive oil.  Over medium heat, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.

After the browning is complete, top each piece of chicken with your favorite marinara sauce (I used Prego).


Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink inside.

Top with Mozzarella cheese and place back in the oven until the cheese melts ( just a couple of minutes).


This is probably one of my favorite chicken dishes.  The combination of the browned chicken flavor with the sweet marinara sauce and topped with melted cheese, you can't go wrong!  Try it.  I think your family will enjoy it. 

We couldn't wait to dig into this dish, I forgot to take a 'prettier' presentation photo for you and thought about it only after most of it was devoured ....sorry!

What's a favorite chicken dish of yours?  I'd love to hear!

Happy Thursday! Pin It

1 comment:

Weekend Cowgirl said...

I am trying it this week! Sounds easy and good!!