Sticking with the egg theme for Easter morning breakfast is in the plan for our household and this recipe from Krups for Easter Egg Bake, complete with cheddar and jack cheeses, mushrooms, red pepper, spinach and so much more will be baking in my oven. I'll use venison sausage in place of chopped ham to give it a unique kick.
What's cooking at your house for Easter?
Photo and recipe courtesy Krups
Easter Egg Bake
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup chopped mushrooms
1/3 cup chopped scallions
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1 cup fresh spinach
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped ham or sausage
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
Salt and Pepper to Taste.
1. In a ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, sprinkle half of both cheeses and set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, sauté mushrooms, onions and red pepper and spinach in butter until tender.
3. Place over cheese and top with ham or sausage. Sprinkle mixture with the remaining cheese.
4. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, flour, parsley, dill, salt and pepper; mix well.
5. Slowly pour over the cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Make boiling eggs easy with the new Krups Egg Cooker....