Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 29, 2013

Plan Your Meals a Week Ahead

On a normal day, I am sent many, many email requests asking me to share with you all the latest and greatest {fill in the blank} .  Many I pass over, but when I do read something that's intriguing and I think might be helpful, not only in my life, but in yours as well, I like to share.

This morning I opened up an email from Cooking PlanIt, an app / website offering to help busy families with meal planning.  It's free, online.  It gives you everything you need from the grocery list, step by step instructions, to the equipment you'll need to create the dish.  They call it a "GPS for the kitchen" and by the looks of it, it is.

If you're like me, you rotate 8 or so meals throughout the week.  Those 8 meals are my "go-to" meals where I don't have to think about prep time, I have the ingredients on-hand at the house, always, and the family will enjoy it.  It's nice to gather other ideas when possible.  I plan on using Cooking PlanIt to help me out of the cooking rut  I'm in this busy back to school, soccer, fall ball, piano lesson schedule we're in.

Maybe beginning with this, Spaghetti in a Jiffy...





Do you plan your week's meals in advance, or do you just wing it day by day?

Photo credit: Cooking PlanIt.  
Pin It

No comments: