Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 26, 2013

Back on track after some Margarita Madness

Today was our kids' first day of school and I think I pretty much did a drive-by and shoved them out the car door this morning.....this was not my intent, originally, but on our short five minute ride to school, the two of them were at each other and it was then, that very moment, that I realized how ecstatic I was for the 1st day of school to be here.


Clearly, I was not the only one excited for the first day of school.  This is what I found when I opened the door to Paige's room, yesterday afternoon.....


























Our summer went quickly and we all had loads of fun, but it feels SO good to get back on track with a regular schedule and routine.  Back to blogging more regularly, soccer practice, fall ball practice, gymnastics, CCD and hopefully some piano lessons filtered in somewhere.

The reason I've been MIA this past week and a half was due to party preparations.  We host a Margarita Madness party here on the ranch, at our house every year and this was the biggest yet.

Hours of prep time, decorating, etc. for this party.




















Many friends helped out, thankfully.....stage & lighting set up, new artificial lawn (love), outdoor heat lamps borrowed, so much help....















Party time.....


















This year we had the pleasure of having Philadelphia rockers, John Faye and Brittany Rotondo play for us at the party...SO fun!  If you haven't heard their music, it's a must hear, love, love them.......John and Brittany




















I think we had almost more kids than adults at this party of 200 and they were diggin' the music as much as the adults, for sure.





















After John and Brittany finished up their sets, the kids took over the stage for a rock show of their own....



















It's my party and I'll sing if I want to......


















And what better way to finish off the weekend but with chocolate birthday cake.....





















It's good to be back online, I've missed you all!
Pin It

No comments: