Thanksgiving is just six days away......my favorite holiday of the year, by far, because all that's involved with it is eating, drinking, spending time with friends and family and reflecting and giving thanks for all the blessings we have in our lives.
My 'Best of the Web' for this week are these adorable marshmallow hats created with chocolate covered marshmallows, striped shortbread cookies, melted chocolate chips and some frosting. Something to keep the kids busy while you're cooking the stuffing.
Picture and directions courtesy Spoonful.com
What you'll need
· 24 chocolate-striped shortbread cookies
· 12-ounce package of chocolate chips
· 24 marshmallows
· tube of yellow decorators' frosting
How to make it
1. Set the chocolate-striped cookies stripes down on a wax-paper-covered tray, spacing them well apart.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave or double boiler.
3. One at a time, stick a wooden toothpick into a marshmallow, dip the marshmallow into the melted chocolate, and promptly center it atop a cookie.
4. Using a second toothpick to lightly hold down the marshmallow, carefully pull out the first toothpick.
5. Chill the hats until the chocolate sets, then pipe a yellow decorators' frosting buckle on the front of each hat.