It's Christmas party season! We have five or six to go to in the next few weeks leading up to Christmas and for two of them I'll be bringing an appetizer to share. My 'Best of the Web' feature for the week is this super easy and very tasty baked brie with toasted pecans by Martha Stewart will be coming with me to one of the parties.....can't EVER go wrong with baked brie.Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
I could make a meal out of this and a glass of old vine Zin.
Photo courtesy Martha Stewart
Toasted pecans and maple syrup complement the creamy Brie in this hors d'oeuvre. For the best texture, let the cheese cool before topping it with the syrup mixture.
- 1 small wheel of Brie or Camembert (about 9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- crackers or sliced baguette, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cheese on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until softened, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate; cool about 20 minutes.
- While cheese cools, place nuts on a clean baking sheet; bake until toasted and fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle nuts over cheese.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and maple syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; simmer until foamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle warm sauce over slightly cooled cheese and nuts; serve with crackers or baguette.