Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 22, 2010

A Swap Party & the Woo Woo recipe!

Last night I was invited to my friend, Devi's house for a combination Jewelry Swapping and Silpada party.
The object of a swapping party is each guest brings in pieces from their own jewelry collection that they no longer wear or are tired of and in turn receives monopoly money for each item. All items are placed out for viewing and then are auctioned off in a Live Auction using the monopoly money. It's a fun way to recycle, re-use things that you no longer want.  And this can be done with anything...purses, clothing, household items, etc.  




Part of hosting a fun party, is of course, great food.  YUM!


And great cocktails.  Need to liquor-up the bidders!  My friend, Debbie TOTALLY perfected the WooWoo cocktail recipe!  So good!  I have the recipe for you below.


Hostess, Devi (left) and Kellie.



A sampling of yummy, mini cupcakes.



Love these petite glasses.


Viewing of auction items.



Bishe, who is blind and always a good sport, was modeling a set of earrings for us.


And the winner of the circa 1980, pastel, heart and angel earrings goes to Devi!!

There was a bidding war on the bracelets between Debbie and myself, but I ended up with them for one million dollars.  And I love them.


And these, Kellie bought these for me (I ran out of money) for a billion dollars or so.




This was such a fun party idea.  Everyone gets pumped up and has a TON of fun.  I think a purse swap may be next on the list :)

As promised, here is the WooWoo recipe:

1 shot of vodka
1/2 shot of peach schnapps
1/2 shot of pink grapefruit juice
1/2 shot of cranberry juice

Shake with ice in a martini shaker and pour.  Enjoy!

Happy Saturday!
Pin It

1 comment:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

That is such a fun idea.
LOVE the woot woot- can I get a...
and that plate of munchies is making me really want to make some fussy snacks.
Your million dollar purchase was worth ever last fake bill.