Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 3, 2010

Sloppy Joes

Sloppy Joes

It's Eat Meat Monday and we're having a meal that can be made in a jiffy.  I like to search my pantry or fridge to find all kinds of goodies that would go well combined in the dish.  I don't think I've ever made this dish the same way twice.  But I've made it many times and this is what I came up with this time.



Ingredients....

Chopped onion.....

Ketchup......

Brown the ground beef........

Ooops, I forgot to toss the onions into the mix!  I'll just add them with the rest of the ingredients......

Add the ingredients and heat through..........


Brown the 100% Whole Wheat buns.......


Serve.........

Ingredients
1 pound of natural ground beef (or 2 lbs if your house is like mine)
1/2 onion chopped
1 15oz can of stewed tomatoes with oregano and basil
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 t chili powder
1T Worchestershire sauce
dash of hot sauce
2 T ketchup
1 t chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
In a large skillet cook meat, onion till meat is brown.  Drain off fat.  Stir in all other ingredients and bring to boil.  Reduce heat.  Simmer, uncovered for 5-10 minutes.

Tips
You can make this recipe your own, just add a can of corn, chopped sweet peppers or anything else that sounds good.

Enjoy!

Happy Monday! Pin It

1 comment:

Pat Tillett said...

Yum! Too bad I already ate. I may have to purge...