Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 18, 2010

I have a Tweet for you!

Okay, more like a HoooHooo.  Yes, I'm talking owls here.  Barn Owls to be exact.  Look at the two cuties we have in our commodities barn this spring.  There's a box up in the rafters of the barn and every year we have a new batch of babies born there.

Dominic gave me a lift up in the bucket of the tractor so I could snap these photos.  They didn't know WHAT to think of me...........



I tried to capture a photo of the mama, but she flew off before I could snap one.....maybe later.


This is the barn I'm speaking of.......


I was able to capture a photo of mama owl today at lunch time.......


Before she flew away.............


This photo is of a crew of three from a couple of years ago.......




Happy Tuesday! Pin It

3 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Oh I love love love these photos- these glimpses into your world are
so amazing-

Anonymous said...

Very Cute Nancy - thank you for sharing them with us. Jenna and I always enjoy reading about all the adventures around your home. We need to come and visit :)

Anonymous said...

Too cool, Nancy!!! Look out gophers :) Deb