Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

April 24, 2010

Bug Soup

I love these warm spring days we have been having.  Everyone wants to get outside to enjoy the sunshine.....kids, me, Chloe.  Warm days always inspire me to begin preparing our vegetable garden, even though we won't plant until June.

I asked my two 'Rugrats' if they wanted to help me weed the garden area.  They were all for it.  They found their shovels and began digging away.  We didn't finish, but got a good start.

While the Rugrats were occupied outside, I decided to go back inside to vacuum and straighten up a bit.  After about 45 minutes I walked back outside to check on them to see what they were up to, and this is what I found.........


What are you guys doing!?

"We're making Bug Soup!" says Paige.


"Just add sand to the dirt and water, then Bryce mixes it up.".......with his body.


Uhhhgg....okay, when you want to come in, call for me and I'll come out and hose you off.  And Paige, try not to get dirty, okay?


Sooooo, 20 minutes later..................


Maybe I should have said, "Paige, jump in the mud bath and get all dirty"  I really should know better by now.


At least Chloe didn't join them.....this time.


Happy Saturday! Pin It

1 comment:

Susie Kooyman said...

Omg! I love it! Kids in the city never get to do that!