Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

December 27, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles of Joy


I can always count on my brother-in-law to serve bacon wrapped something for Christmas dinner and this year he AND my niece, Ami, did NOT disappoint.  

Christmas evening I tasted the BEST green beans I have probably EVER had in my life.  My niece wrapped green bean bundles in bacon, drizzled them with a butter, garlic and brown sugar mixture and baked.

Now THIS is my kind of baking, without a doubt.  I think I gobbled up about three bundles right at the start.........






















but not before I had a few bacon wrapped prawns my brother-in-law had made.

















Okay, I start back up on my workout routine and low-cal eating regime next week......with everyone else.


Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles of Joy

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh green beans
10-12 slices of thick-cut bacon
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.

Wash and thoroughly dry green beans, then season with salt and pepper. Bundle together about 5-8 green beans – this will depend on your size of beans and the amount of beans you get for one pound, I use the French Beans...they're thin and easy to wrap together.  Wrap a slice of bacon around the center of the beans to hold it together. Lay the bundle bacon seam side down in the baking dish to hold it together. Repeat with remaining beans.

Heat a small saucepan over low heat. Add butter, brown sugar and garlic and whisk until melted and combined. Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture over top of each green bean bundle. Cover the bundles with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes more.  A little piece of heaven emerges!
Pin It

2 comments:

nanny said...

So delicious....haven't had them in a long time. I could eat a bunch/ha

Winnie said...

I can't wait to try these. I just recieved a large gift of bacon for Christmas and I think it would great to use of of it for these. Thank you!