Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 31, 2013

Guinness Beef Short Ribs

 I thought with summer here and in full swing, I'd have MUCH more time to blog and have an easy schedule.....was I ever wrong....

I just returned home from the BlogHer Conference held in Chicago this past Sunday and only just now have had time to sit at the desk and bust out a post.....and it's not even about the conference because I still need to gather all of those pics which happen to scattered in every possible direction...phone, facebook, twitter, you name it.

So, in between dropping Paige off at gymnastics day camp and Bryce off at Lego Robotics camp, here's my recipe for delicious Guinness Beef Short Ribs.  Trust me, they taste better than they look....photographing meat {well} is something I am trying to accomplish in my life.  Considering we are a meat loving family, one would think I'd get enough practice in by now...

Okay, enough apologies and excuses.

Here's the beef.

Our freezer is at a bare minimum right now.  Digging through it the other day, I managed to dig out three packages of beef short ribs and decided to cook these all at once.







Sprinkle each rib with a generous amount of Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.


















Roll each piece in flour and braise in olive oil.  About 1-2 minutes per side, until browned.


















Saute some onions in a dutch oven, add the braised short ribs and pour in one entire can of Guinness {but don't forget to save a sip for the cook}.  Pour in one cup of beef broth as well....but if you're like and beef broth didn't make it to your shopping list, use chicken broth instead.  Cover with lid and place in to a pre-heated 300 degree oven for about 3 hours.





Out comes some fall off the bone, savory, tender beef short ribs....the entire pot was devoured in little over 30 minutes...no joke.



















Hope you're all enjoying a warm, slow moving summer in your part of the world.....or a pleasant winter if you're from Brazil, Australia, etc. :)



Pin It

No comments: