Super Bowl is the second biggest eating day of the year, ranked just after Thanksgiving. It's not surprising, as I, like many of you, consider Super Bowl Sunday to be an unofficial holiday of sorts where you gather with friends, eat, drink, socialize, watch the game AND the commercials.
To help along with the game day menu planning, here are a couple of recipes that came to me via Blue Diamond Almonds. Blue Diamond is delving in to the Gluten-Free market with their new, crunchy Almond Nut Thin crackers and have incorporated them into these tasty appetizer recipes....
Nutty Ranch Chicken Strips
- 1 (4.25-oz.) box Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds, finely chopped
- 1 (1-oz.) packet dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/3 cup light ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/4 lbs. chicken tenders or 1 1/2-inch cubes boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place Blue Diamond Nut Thins in a gallon-size bag and fold over the top. Crush with a rolling pin until chips are in tiny pieces.
- Add Blue Diamond Almonds and dry ranch dressing mix to bag and shake well to mix.
- Stir together ranch dressing and butter in another medium bowl. Dip each chicken tender in ranch dressing and shake off excess.
- Roll in chip mixture, pressing into the surface to coat well; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Coat with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes. Coat with cooking spray again and cook for 10 minutes more.
Quick tip: Any of the coating mixture that falls off the chicken after cooking is great sprinkled over a tossed green salad or mashed potatoes.
Nutty Ranch Chicken Strips Nutritional Analysis
Artichoke Heart Dip
- 1 can of artichoke hearts (9 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 10oz. bag frozen spinach - bit size pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 oz. softened gluten-free cream cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Dash of pepper
- Blue Diamond Nut Thins
- Cut up artichokes after draining them.
- In large pot, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Add spinach and artichokes and cook about 5 minutes. Add wine, then cream cheese.
- Placed in 1 quart dish, top with mozzarella bake in preheated oven at 350° for 5 minutes until brown and bubble.
- Serve with Blue Diamond Nut Thins.
Artichoke Heart Dip Nutritional Analysis