Pages

▼

June 20, 2011

Even Little Queens Have Mishaps

It's early on Sunday morning, hair is being done,
hoop skirt on, check
full length white gown on, check
white gloves, check
7 ft. cape is in the car, check
tiara bobby pinned into place, check.















A day in the life of a 'Little Queen' on parade day, has just begun.  This was Paige's first experience walking in a procession as Petaluma Holy Ghost Portuguese Society's 'little queen'.  She did better than expected.

Let's just say, she took on her new role seriously.  Queen wave and all.

Until.....
well, I knew something was bound to happen, and it did.  But we all laugh about it now.  After the procession, back at the hall, as tradition goes, the Senior Queen releases a white dove.















She released it and it decided to do a dive bomb move.



 Heading straight for.........















Paige's tiara.














Where it perched until someone grabbed a hold of it.




















But in queen like fashion, Paige held her composure, for the most part. I now know for certain, animals really respond well and can sense when there's an extreme animal lover in the crowd.















All was better after some food and a little Barbie playtime:)

To explain what this parade is all about, click on "My Portuguese Heritage"


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!

20 comments:

  1. hi nancy...they are all so adorable....and YES!!! the dove did know an animal lover....too cute !!!!

    looks like a good time was had by all...

    always a pleasure to visit with you, my friend

    kary and teddy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss America doesn't have to put up with that cr*p! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it didn't poop on her head!

    She looks gorgous - that must have been so fun for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jent.. I thought that was where the story was going!! I bet she had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh MY! Ummm....I have to say this is pretty sweet...and that you captured it all is priceless:)
    I love it! (Although i wouldn't have had it been me;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a little champ, staying so calm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First Paige is a beauty! But I can't stop laughing at that picture. What a moment! She is a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is absolutely adorable! Love it :)

    gloryorganics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's okay Katie, I can't stop laughing either! What's even more funny is if you enlarge the photo above the zoomed in one, is everyone else's reaction...hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bird! What a pic to capture! Glad barbies made it all better, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy these local small town events, lots of charm. Richard from the Amish settlement of Lebanon,Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually think that the photo with the dove is very special and beautiful. She really held her composure like a true animal lover. And good about the dove not pooping, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't really understand what this little parade is all about - I don't think we have such things in UK. But she does look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Canyon Girl, I am with you and so is Paige....she has since asked me to print out the photo so she can look at the dove on her at any time she chooses, which I think is so sweet:) Thank you.

    @Weaver, I have just updated the post with a link at the end, which will explain what the parade is all about:) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a precious picture; and the experience is so unique - it will definitely make the family history books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure somehwere it is written that when a dove lands on your tiara your life is a lucky one! What a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so wonderful. It is such a great way to teach faith and history.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pictures, love the story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is truly a girl who will be able to handle any situation. A very smart calm girl. She looks beautiful. B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment....I LOVE to read them all. Differences of opinion are ALWAYS welcome when written respectfully. I reserve the right to remove comments that contain vulgar language, name calling, hateful references or do not pertain to the topic of the post itself. Have a peaceful day:)