Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 13, 2017

Warm Up Your Winter With Kale Soup

It's been storming non-stop here in Northern California lately and its got my kids climbing the walls but all I want to do is stay indoors as much as I possibly can where it's warm and cozy.  The day before my Dad's 90th birthday, yesterday, I decided to make one of his favorite soups and venture out to deliver it to their house so they could stay warm and cozy too.  


This soup is SO good and hearty and super easy to make.  I grew up on it as it was one of my Mom's go-to, feed a family of five meals.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



Easy Portuguese Kale and Linguica Soup
Ingredients:

4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 15 oz cans of chicken broth
4 cups of kale, chopped, thick stems removed
3 T olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 15 oz cans of white Cannellini beans
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 15 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 link of Linguica, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/2 cup of your favorite dried pasta


Directions:

In a large soup pot, cook onions and garlic in olive oil...careful not to burn the garlic, until onions are translucent.

Add the potatoes.  Stir and cook for 5 minutes.  Add the linguica, beans, kale, diced tomatoes, dried pasta and broth and bring to a boil.

Cover and reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking stirring every so often, until the potatoes are tender.  About 20 minutes.

Salt and pepper to taste.  Continue to cook a little longer and add water if needed for a thinner broth.


Pin It

No comments: