Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 17, 2016

If You Mess With The Bull.....

Out of  the couple of hundred dairy cows that we have on the ranch, we have just a couple of Holstein bulls that stay with the herd.  While different breeds of bulls vary in aggressiveness, Holstein bulls are considered to be one of the most aggressive.  The bulls we have are young, two or three years old and pretty tame, given their age..... Although not tame enough for me to find myself on the same side of the fence as them. Tame or not, I'm terrified of these large, muscular creatures.

Just the other day, while our kids were being filmed for a California Milk Advisory Board video, I amused myself by filming one of our bulls, Rocky, while he was vocalizing his protest to my close proximity......two fences in between us.

A good reminder to all to always stay on the other side of the fence from a Holstein bull.

CMAB Filming



Rocky, the Bull
Pin It

No comments: