Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 10, 2014

Gluten Free Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce

I love this time of year, the fall...or close enough to it.  All my favorite foods are plentiful and I am totally in the cooking mood.  Spaghetti Squash in a meat sauce is one of my favorites.  I can't get enough.  Lucky for me, one squash feeds a family of four and leaves plenty for lunch the next day.





Normally I make my meat sauce from scratch {like in the above photo}, but I cheated this time with Classico Italian Sausage pasta sauce and it was super good.  I will use that sauce again for a quickie.  You can use any of your favorite sauces to accommodate your gluten free diet, if you wish.





The thing about spaghetti squash is they are really difficult to slice through without almost stabbing yourself with the knife.  You may want to microwave the squash before slicing in half length-wise for about 10 minutes to soften it up to make life easier, and safer.

Once it's cut in half, scoop out the seeds and place both halves face down in a baking dish and add 3/4 cup of water to the dish.  Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.





Once it's baked and cool enough to handle, use a fork and begin raking the inside.  It shreds very easily...this is my favorite part, it's fun!  Kids like this part as well.







Once the squash is completely shredded, add it to the pasta sauce and I add quite a bit of shredded Parmesan cheese as well.  Oh so good!

Easy.  Healthy.  Delicious.


Pin It

No comments: