I could snack my way through the day without really eating a full meal...especially on party days like this upcoming Super Bowl Sunday. I also like to cut calories when at all possible without giving up on flavor. Check out what I found for the 'Best of the Web' for this week!
Cooking Light's, Caramelized Onion, Gruyere and Bacon Dip. Lower in fat, I'm confident this dip will leave you completely satisfied without sacrificing any flavor...
Serve with your favorite crusty bread, crackers or chips.
photo courtesy Cooking Light
Caramelized Onion, Gruyere and Bacon Dip
· Cooking spray
· 3 1/2 cups chopped onion
· 2 ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded and divided
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
· 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
· 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1. 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. 2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan lightly with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
3. 3. Reserve 2 tablespoons cheese. Combine remaining cheese, caramelized onion, 1 tablespoon chives, and the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart glass or ceramic baking dish coated lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon chives.
Amount per serving