Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 18, 2013

Kenny Chesney's Blue Chair Rum ~ National Daiquiri Day

If you know me, you know how much I love Kenny Chesney's music.  If you know me REALLY well, you'll know about how I almost collided with his tour bus many years ago on the way to the Sonoma County Fair venue to hear him perform before he was as well known as he is today.

You know when you're going through tough times and you hear songs that "speak" to you?  Well, that was the connection I had with Kenny's music many years ago.....always have since day one and still connect today.  My kiddos love his music also, I think they know every word to almost every song he sings.

So when I was contacted about National Daiquiri Day {tomorrow July 19th!} and featuring Kenny Chesney's new rum line, I was all over it.  Kenny just launched a personal line of spirits called Blue Chair Bay Rum (White, Coconut, Coconut Spiced).   Kenny dreamt up and funded the entire venture himself.  I'd say he's All IN.

If you get a chance, check it out and maybe try out this refreshing daiquiri recipe to go along with it...I know I will!

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem.







Blue Chair Bay Rum Strawberry Basil Daiquiri

2 oz. Blue Chair Bay Rum
3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
3/4 oz. simple syrup
1 strawberry, sliced
2 basil leaves

Directions: Muddle the strawberry and basil in the lime juice and simple syrup.  Add Blue Chair Bay rum and ice and shake well.  Strain into a martini glass.
Garnish: floating basil leaf


Pin It

No comments: