Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 5, 2013

The Daily Meal NYC

I just came off the most fun adult field trip ever.  While in NYC this past week I met with some folks at The Daily Meal.  The Daily Meal is an online newspaper for all things related to food and drink.  Great recipes, top stories, recipe of the day, culinary content from 300 food bloggers, restaurant reviews and lots of fun stuff.

My lunch date was at noon, which left me with ample time for some shopping in the a.m.  By the time 11 a.m. rolled around I had made the decision to walk the distance to The Daily Meal offices.....women can do just about anything in heels, why not walk 27 blocks?

Plus, I thought by walking I could really experience my surroundings.  I love visiting NYC and I wanted to soak in as much as possible...really get the feel, the sounds and smell of the city and see some really cool NYC architecture all at the same time.  I wasn't disappointed.  The Flatiron Building is probably my favorite piece of architecture in NYC.....so cool.





















Once I arrived at The Daily Meal offices, I caught my breath and got to chat with Sharon Gitelle, Executive Director of Community Development and Arthur Bovino, Senior Editor.  They showed me The Daily Meal's newly complete state of the art Test Kitchen, where good things are going to happen.....like hosting celebrity chefs, online live streaming and fun food events.















After touring the offices and Test Kitchen, Sharon and I went out to lunch at Zero Otto Nove where we shared a La San Matteo, a pizza topped with fresh mozzarella, sausage and broccoli rabe that was fired up in their pizza oven....SO GOOD.











above pic courtesy ZON

So, if you get a chance, check out and bookmark The Daily Meal  as your online source to all things food......and you might even see some of my posts in the Culinary Content Network section.

Thank you Sharon and The Daily Meal for having me!

Pin It

1 comment:

Joshua Rief said...

Very jealous! Haven't been back to NYC since 2006, and missing it so much! Would love to visit TDM offices sometime - Sharon seems really nice on the phone. :)