Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

December 13, 2012

TT w/Linky: Obliging Mama/Farm Pic

This morning was one of the coldest mornings thus far in this late fall/early winter season.   Thirty-one nippy degrees on the way to school drop off, all I wanted to do was get back home and plant myself in front of the wood stove to warm back up. 

But then I remembered Joey was due for his eight week mani and pedicure.  So after catching him in the pasture, I gave him a vigourous brushing which he thouroughly enjoyed and it helped me to warm up while waiting for the farrier to arrive.

Alongside where Joey was tied stands one of our barns with some Mama cows who happened to be enjoying this brisk morning, cozy in their rice hull bedding and basking in the sunshine chewing their cud.   



















On this Thankful Thursday, I'm thankful for this one obliging Mama who was curious enough to step up and keep my fingers warm while I waited for Joey's trimming to be complete.

A little gooey, but warm none the less.

















Gloves ARE on my Santa list.


Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day.
 
Pin It

No comments: