Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

December 10, 2012

A Six Year Old and a Mallot & Guest Bartending

December is about the craziest month of the year....always......I'm sure we are in agreement on this.  
The middle part of the weekend.....way too early on Sunday morning....I had scheduled our 4H Cooking Group to meet at my house to make Gingerbread houses but at last minute decided to have them make something a little less time consuming.......Melting Snowmen Cookies.

I was reminded JUST how much noise a six year old can make with a mallot while crushing cookies.

























Paige was up at the crack of dawn, excited and ready to bake.
























Bryce's favorite part was decorating the snowmen and making them look like Zombie Snowmen......it's all about zombies for eight year old boys.
























Within an hour, we were done.  Quick and easy.



I think the reason I was a wee bit tired on Sunday morning was due to the fact I was 'Guest Bartending' at a local bar/restaurant, Finnegan's Marin the night before.

While guest bartending, I also was collecting toys for a toy drive to benefit UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital.  Throughout the night we had a crowd of about 40-50 people and collected well over 60 toys.  Very successful and a super fun night for all!

















The beginning of the night with my friend, Sandy....























In full swing behind the bar....




















Oh dear...the end of the night...















The rest of the weekend involved driving Paige to her second 4H group meeting of the weekend....Arts and Crafts and then cutting and coloring my Mom's hair and cutting my Dad's hair.  I was so tired by Sunday night, I think I was in bed by 8:45 p.m. and slept right through my 5 a.m. alarm Monday morning for Bootcamp Class.
Pin It

1 comment:

Weekend Cowgirl said...

What a new cute idea. For sure I need to do this with the kids!