Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 28, 2012

Strawberry Buns

Sometimes I feel like baking but don't always want to do it from scratch.  And on this particular morning, it was exactly how I felt.  The result....Strawberry Buns.

Rather than bake this strawberry cake recipe in cake form, I used little aluminum tins in the shape of mini pies....so cute.  The result are little muffin tops which I call 'Buns'.




Fun for a brunch, a girl's birthday or maybe if you fancy strawberry cake!  I topped mine with Whip Cream in a Jar, you can make yourself in minutes.

So here's the modified, easy, no thinking, ready to mix recipe by Paula Dean....



















  • Strawberry Buns

  • 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
  • 1 (3-ounce) box strawberry-flavored instant gelatin
  • 1 (15-ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup water

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease mini tins or a muffin top baking tray.  If you're using the mini tins, I placed mine on a baking sheet to place in the oven.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin. Add pureed strawberries, eggs, oil, and water; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared pans, and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in pans.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
 
Pin It

1 comment:

Dar said...

Mercy Child, do you know how to perk the sweet tooth, or what...does this really mean I have to bake? YES
Ok, you convinced me. They look so durned yummy, I can hardly stand it.
Strawberry yet! Geeeeez,
Gotta go, gotta bake.
Thanks anyway.
BlessYaKiddo