Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 16, 2012

Mini Bacon Cheesecakes....OH Yeah.

When I found this recipe for Mini Bacon Cheesecakes in the Food Network magazine, I immediately ripped it out of the book and set it on my kitchen counter top.  The photo was hypnotic like....drawing me in....I knew it wouldn't be long.  

Yesterday was the day.

This is a modified version of the original, mostly because I didn't have chocolate wafer cookies and I was too lazy to drag myself to the grocery store, but it all went very well with the substitute Nilla Wafers and melted chocolate.....melted chocolate, how can that ever go wrong?  






Okay, so you all know how much I ADORE bacon, right?  So much so that these were the ONLY photos I took through the cooking process.  

I was mesmerized, salivating, looking forward to the time I would be able to pop one of these gems into my mouth.  They're topped with CANDIED bacon, afterall.  Taking photos was not high on the priority list, apparently.

Here's how it all went down...

Instead of the crushed chocolate wafer/butter base, I used Nilla Wafers and melted some chocolate and poured it on top of the Nillas for the base.
{full recipe below}
















Mini Bacon Cheesecakes

Ingredients:
24 Nilla Wafers
Melting chocolate disks or chips
4 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 T all-purpose flour
1 large egg

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces and place in a skillet and cook over medium heat until almost completely browned, about 5 minutes.  Pour off the drippings.  Sprinkle with 1 T sugar and cook until the bacon is crisp and glazed, about 2 more minutes.  Transfer to plate and set aside.

Place the Nilla Wafers in the bottom of a lined mini muffin pan.  Melt some chocolate and pour over the top of the Nilla Wafers...enough to cover top.  Set aside.

Combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium-high speed until light and smooth, 4-5 minutes.  Add the flour and egg and mix until just combined well, scraping side of bowl down as needed.  Fill each mini muffin cup with about 2 tsps batter and bake for 20 minutes.  Let cool in pan on a rack, then transfer pan to the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours.  Top each cheesecake with a piece of candied bacon.

YUM!




Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
 
Pin It

5 comments:

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Bacon? LOVE IT!!!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Bacon? LOVE IT!!!!

Mary Ann said...

Okay, I would try this... I love bacon... and I think the sweet/salty taste would complement each other! Thanks for the post!

Winnie said...

I have the magazine (love that mag!). I will give it a shot. I mailorder bacon as I love it so much!

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Holy Smokes!! This is a must try ASAP!! You can never, never, never go wrong with bacon ;)