Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 6, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Dates - Portuguese Roll-Ups

I just returned from NYC where I was attending a Blogging conference.  Five days of sessions, networking, meetings, and cocktail parties.  I had been invited to attend the Social Soiree party held at this swanky bar, Murals on 54th, located in the Warwick Hotel.  The purpose of the party was to meet the brands that the Social Soiree team work with, drink some cocktails, meet other bloggers, and eat some very yummy appetizers.

One of the appetizers served, one of my very fave's, was bacon wrapped dates.  OH SO GOOD!  If you like the taste combination of sweet with salt, you will LOVE this dish.  Only two ingredients needed: dates and bacon!


After having a few {bacon dates} at the party, I remembered I had prepared these for a party last year but ate many of them myself prior to attending the party.....they only party they made it to was the one going on in my tummy that day.  I think this is why I don't make these too often.

So if you can refrain from gobbling these up yourself before taking them or serving them at a party, here's all you need to do...........

Portuguese Roll Ups




















Ingredients needed:
30 pitted dates
bacon
+ toothpicks

Slice the bacon in half, length-wise. Wrap a date with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick. Place all on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes then turn and bake for another 8-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

before they go in the oven


Enjoy!
Here's a peek at the Social Soiree Party.........

















Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
 
Pin It

1 comment:

Suz and Allan said...

Delicious! I may a similar bacon roll up with green beans and I top mine with brown sugar.