Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 6, 2012

Chick Drink for Summer


Any drink that includes pineapple in the recipe is a drink I most definitely will love....they're chick drinks, plain and simple.  And when I drink one, I envision myself on a warm sandy beach basking in the sun.......then I'm startled by some random ranch noise and as my eyes open and I'm brought back to reality...my kid's 6' x 6' sandbox.  

It works for me when it needs to.

I'll be going to BlogHer12, a blogging conference, in NYC in just a few weeks.  One of the keynote speakers is none other than Martha Stewart.  The Queen of Entertainment, right?  To get myself into the Martha Stewart vibe, this chick drink, from Martha's website, is making an appearance in my life this weekend.



















photo and recipe courtesy Martha Stewart

Spiced Pineapple Cocktail

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup fresh lime juice {from about 3 limes), plus wedges for serving
  • 3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes
  • 1/4 cup triple sec
  • 1/3 cup tequila
  • 2 cups ice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt

Directions

  1. Stir together lime juice and agave nectar; add to a blender, along with pineapple juice, pineapple, triple sec, tequila, and ice. Blend until smooth and frothy.
  2. In a small shallow bowl or saucer, combine chili powder, sugar, and salt. Rub a lime wedge around the rims of four glasses, then dip glasses in spice mix to coat. Divide drink among glasses and serve with lime wedges.
Pin It

No comments: