Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 18, 2012

Backstage with Demi Lovato

When Hallmark contacted me to see if I would be interested in attending a backstage party with singer, Demi Lovato, I wasn't quite sure who she was.  After some 'research' I recognized some of her songs and thought Paige and my 12 year old niece would love to see her in concert, so I accepted the invite.

So glad I did.

The girls, especially my niece, Morgan, had a fantastic time.  This was the first 'real' concert for both Morgan and Paige.

On the drive down to San Jose, running a little late, backed up traffic for our hour and a half drive, I was becoming just a bit nervous about arriving on time.

Morgan asks, "What time does it start?"

Well the backstage party begins at 5 p.m. and the concert at 7 p.m.

Morgan:  "Backstage?!!"

Oh, did I forget to mention that we are meeting Demi in person and she's going to play for us?

"Why?!".....SO excited.

Hallmark is promoting a new product, Text Bands, and this is how they're kicking it off.

Paige:  "What's 'backstage'?"






















We arrived on time.  Hallmark had pizza, mac and cheese and sliders waiting for us, a group of about 50-75.

About an hour into it, Demi shows for a photo op and to sing and answer questions from the audience.



















Beautiful voice.  Beautiful girl, inside and out.  Demi is 19 years old {I can be her Mama!}, and when asked by a young pre-teen girl in the audience if she had a boyfriend, she answers saying,

"No, no boys for now.  I want to  concentrate on what I want to do with my life and boys can wait."

I love her.

When asked who her inspiration is, she answers, "My Mom."

I love her even more.

























After the backstage party, we took our Text Bands and walked over to the Event Center to hear the concert.
















Fun times.  Both girls had a blast.  Morgan was mesmerized by the 'rock star' and being at her first concert.  And Paige was mesmerized by all the colorful stage lights......LOVED them!

















Thank you Hallmark!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

No comments: