Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 21, 2012

TT w/Linky: Accidental Farm Girl

As many of you already know, I didn't grow up on a dairy farm, and now calling one home, I've learned many things about farm living.  Things such as never turn your back to a bull, remain calm no matter what the circumstance, patience is mandatory {still working on that one} and how a little furry, two week old calf can teach you so much....... dairy calves, they capture a special place in my heart.

But dang it!  When one of those little buggers catches me off guard, I begin to rethink my heartfelt love...

My plan for the day was to snap a few pics of the two week old calf we're bringing to Marin County Farm Day. 

Easy as PIE!





















One would think....
















Letting go of the lead rope for only a HALF second was all it took for this clever little girl to take FULL advantage and take off.....at top speed.
















I stop, stunned, wondering how I let this happen {with the clicking of the camera and the faint sound of laughter in the background}.  The calf, completely runs circles around me, while dragging the lead rope and kicking up her heels all the way.......

















.......until finally, she tires herself out and I'm able to grab her, take the pics and be done with it.























SO, if you're local, and want to meet this frisky little thing, {the calf, not me} she'll be at Marin County Farm Day at the Marin County Farm Bureau and Tri Valley 4H booths.   You can even help name her by casting your vote on site.  Choices include.....
  • Fergie
  • Fiona
  • Flo
  • Faith
Hope to see you there!



Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day.




Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

fun for us; frustrating for you. :)

Millie said...

She is a cute little bundle of energy!

Dawson Cattle Company said...

i had to laugh. not at you, but because ive been there...deep breathes help, haha

Robyn said...

Nancy

I admire town girls who take on the farm/ranch/dairy livestyle. It is a major change. I am a ranch girl from birth. I can tell you that life in NW South Dakota is very different from my home in Central Nebraska.

I linked up some "Everyday Adventures" that this Ranchgirl experienced in the last week.