Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

January 2, 2012

Regifting ~ Faux Pas or Not?

It's over.  The holiday season has officially ended.  Are you happy?  Do you have a surplus of gifts that you've acquired over the holidays that you can't use or don't want?

Regifting.  Is it okay to do or not??


photo courtesy google image

Here's what Emily Post has to say on the matter:

Gifts should only be 'recycled' or 'regifted' occasionally.  And ONLY if you're almost positive the recipient would appreciate the gift. 
  • You never want to hurt any one's feelings. 
  • The gift should be brand new and its original packaging.
  • The gift isn't one that the original giver took lots of time selecting for you.
  • And if in doubt, don't do it.

I don't regift my gifts but if I do receive a gift that I don't have a need for or don't like, I donate it.

So what are your thoughts on re-gifting?  Do you do it?

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It
Post a Comment