Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

December 29, 2011

TT w/Linky: Sibling Rivalry or Best Friends Forever

What ever happens in life, the one thing I wish for my kids is for them to remain best friends for a life time.  Sure, at the stage they are at now, ages five and seven, they want to beat each other to a pulp most of the time but they are partners, playmates, school mates and confidants some of the time as well.

A sibling is like having a best friend you can't get rid of.



















A sibling is part of your childhood that can never be forgotten.



















Someone to share your deepest thoughts with....even if at the time they only involve Legos and Barbies.


















A sibling is someone you can love with all your heart and want to wring their neck at the same time.


















On this 'Thankful Thursday', I'm thankful for my own siblings and that Bryce and Paige have each other as well.




Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day.



Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

an awesome post. i consider my sister to be my closest friend - even though we're 1100 miles away and only talk on the phone a couple of times a year. :)

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Aww, sweet post. I am thankful my girls have each other as well, even when their screaming at one another I know there love hiding there somewhere...lol

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

A very thoughtful post! With both my parents gone, my brothers and I have become closer, even the one I was wasn't with as a kid, (he is the oldest, I'm the 4th) has become a true friend!

Anonymous said...

I love your post today! My brother and I have been friends my whole life! My sister is one of my closest friends now, but 20 years ago that was another matter, it took her moving a full day of plane travel away for me to realize what a person to have in my life. I am so thankfull to have such a relationship with my sibling and my my children to have a close relationship with their cousins. I hope for my chilren they realize how fantastic it is to have each other and thank God for it every day.

ann said...

This is something that happens as they grow in age and learn what matters in life. With your guiding them they will be fine

Lana said...

I stumbled across your blog somehow and I fell in love with it. Way back when I worked on a dairy farm and I still miss it to this very day. I'll be coming back for my daily dose of Holstein. :)