Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

December 28, 2011

Time Crunch Dessert

The week leading up to Christmas, I found myself totally strapped for time.....it was literally non-stop activity in our household.  My plan was to bake my Brownies From Scratch recipe but when I realized all of my butter was stored in the freezer, I quickly needed to come up with Plan B.

Duncan Hines to the rescue.



















Fortunately I had this box of Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Cake mix in my pantry that was given to me at a recent Foodbuzz event I attended.....it certainly came in handy.
























I followed the directions on the box for cupcakes with Paige's help and threw them in the oven to bake.  This mix has you mix up a seperate chocolate chip mix to dollop on top-center for an extra rich chocolatey taste.

















These taste just as good as they look!




Baked OR just the batter.


Once they had cooled, a little frosting and crunched candy cane topping was all that was needed for a perfectly easy holiday dessert.
















Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

4 comments:

cathy@home said...

sounds very tasty.

Sarah said...

Yum!! Boxes save so much time when you need a dessert quick!

Sarah from The House That Ag Built

Unknown said...

Triple chocolate sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

Looks yummy!
Happy New Year Nancy;-)