Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

October 26, 2011

TT w/Linky: The Art of Egg Salad {recipe}

I was recently inspired by a visit to a fabulous bakery, Della Fattoria {which means 'of the farm'}
located in Petaluma.  I met my sister there for coffee and a late breakfast after school drop off.  I've been wanting to try it and now I've been craving what I ordered ever since.  The egg salad served on toast. 

It wasn't just your typical egg salad on toast, they serve theirs on crusty whole wheat bread, three long slices of it, piled with their just the right consistency egg salad......for only $5 dollars! 

If you're an egg salad fan and you're local, Della Fattoria is a must try.  Or if you're coming to visit me, I'll take you to Della Fattoria!

So, my visit there, inspired me to make my own egg salad at home.
















I used a super easy method to boiling eggs.  After cooling the boiled eggs, give them a rough chop.















I love sweet pickle relish, so that was added along with a bit of mayo and some dijon mustard.  Salt and pepper too.















I chopped up some fresh parsley from my garden to add in as well.















This is a totally different version than Della Fattoria's but it definitely satisfied my craving for egg salad on toast.  The only thing missing was the crusty whole wheat bread......a whole wheat bun had to do it for me on this particular morning.

I'm thankful for our feathered friends who produce the versatile egg!  Do you eat egg salad?  What are some of your favorite ingredients?

Link up to Thankful Thursday or just comment to let us know what you're thankful for this week!








Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

6 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

Yum! I love egg salad! There a lot of different versions and I think I like most of them. We make it pretty close to what you did. Except I'm the only in the house that likes SP relish in it. I'll eat it either way.

Anonymous said...

we love egg salad but like the eggs chopped very fine, I use the large side of the cheese grater to get a fine cut, also I like dill pickles in it snd grate them on the grater too.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Egg salad is not something we would eat here in the UK on toasted bread. We would either have the eggs scrambled with butter and a little milk, or poached in salted water. Could you tell me how you make your egg salad please?

That's Life said...

YUMMY! Egg salad is one of my favorites! I don't get to eat it as much, as my oldest has an Egg allergy. But I too am thankful for those feathered friends! ;)

Tales from the Ranch said...

I am thankful for the rain that we have gotten over the last two days. Still praying that those who need the rain and moisture start to receive it soon.

nanny said...

I don't eat it often but I think your fresh parsley sounds very good in it.