Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 17, 2011

National Ice Cream Day~What's your flavor?

This holiday rates right up there with Christmas in our house, National Ice Cream Day.  What other day of the year gives you permission to eat ice cream?!  Well, I admit, ice cream is consumed in our house quite often, no need for a holiday.  But it's fun to celebrate!

Did you know, in 1984, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed July as National Ice Cream Month. He also established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in the month. 

Loved that man.














The kids are digging their Rocky Road cones.


Ice cream is one dessert I don't mind letting my kids eat.  Yes, it does contain sugar and cream but it's base ingredient, milk, has loads of vitamins and nutrients.   














Not sure, yet what flavor I'll go for today....maybe Pistachio Almond, or Mocha Almond Fudge?? 
What will you have today??

You might be interested in, The History of Ice Cream.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

well, earlier today the dogs and i shared a bit of 'summer berries' flavor. :)

Leontien said...

I had no idea about National Ice Cream day!

Thanks for the history lesson! And mine is Vanilla Bean.... ;-)

Stay cool!
Leontien

Reena said...

some Rocky Road please!

Maureen said...

The flavor of the day is chocolate-peanut butter.

Your ice cream (and kids) look great!

Unknown said...

I love Butter Pecan and all the fruit flavors of ice cream.

Michelle said...

I do love me some mint chocolate chip.

Amy K said...

Ditto to your entire first paragraph.
This fellow dairy farm family enjoyed homemade malts in honor of the occasion.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I tried red velvet cake ice cream yesterday for the first time. Oh it was good!

trump said...

I'm pretty old school when it comes to picking ice cream flavors, but id say French vanilla is my fav. Richard from Amish Stories.

Sunnie said...

We ate ice cream last night too! I love chocolate peanut butter.