Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 11, 2011

Stopped In My Tracks

The recent weather we experienced last week has somehow disappeared!  It's windy, cold and rain is scheduled to come in again this weekend.

This weather leaves me with the feeling of winter again......which is not all bad because this is one of the thoughts I had.........

On our get away to Lake Tahoe this past winter, as I was walking along a pathway, all alone....sometimes just a quick and quiet five minute walk alone is just what I crave, to maybe, get the chance to notice things such as this...














A small, recently fallen pinecone laid in a pillow of freshly fallen snow.  Untouched by human hands.  It literally stopped me in my tracks.  At that moment, as I stood there, marveling at its beauty surrounded by the pure white snow, a feeling of gratefulness came over me.

Grateful for nature's beauty.

Grateful for being able to take a snow trip, with my family.

Grateful for the experiences we are able to give our two children.

Grateful for the good friends we have.

Grateful for the inspiration found in such things as this powerful, little pinecone.


Okay, okay, kind of corny I know.....

   





Pin It

12 comments:

bon bon said...

oh, don't read my post today complaining about how we went from winter to summer in two short weeks. ha!

Farm Girl said...

How nice and that is a very cool picture. I don't think that there is any place on earth prettier than Lake Tahoe.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Lovely post that I don't think was corny at all!

TexWisGirl said...

not corny - heartfelt and meaningful. i find reasons for gratitude staring me in the face in the simplest things too. :)

Janice Grinyer said...

Being grateful is something we should aspire to be...seriously :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Well that's a wonderful way of looking at things!

DeeDee said...

Not corny at all, very touching.

Debbie said...

Good morning! I did not find this corny at all. Sometimes it really is the simplist things that touch our hearts and spirits like that! The weather really is back and forth right now isn't it? Have a wonderful day! Blessings! Debbie

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i loved this....

same weather here..we went from 90 to freezing...what happened???

i am writing this wearing my down ski vest :-{

happy to visit with you today...

kary and teddy
x0

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Hi Nancy, how pretty was that pinecone resting on that bed of snow! I know what you mean about 5 minutes of peace!

We have sun today! Yeah! Our weather in New England has been for the most part miserable! Let's hope for better weather!

Karen's challenge was fun, are you going to do it?

Prairie Rose said...

Not corny in the slightest!
In fact, its quite lovely.
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Not corny and really a good reminder that I need to slow down and smell the roses or something. Life has been hectic.