Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

April 7, 2011

Twins

Part of the fun pet sitting at my sister's house when she's away is catching a glimpse of all the twins that have been born recently.  My sister's brother-in-law {who also lives on the ranch} raises organic lamb and sheep and while I was pet-sitting her furry critters, the pasture along the road leading up to her house was filled with these cuties....











I wish the kids and I could have gotten closer to them, but without looking as though we were practicing for  mutton busting or maybe, more appropriately, a sheep scramble competition, it wasn't happening.  They're wild little critters and wanted nothing to do with me or my two kids in tow.


So we just observed them from a distance.













Which was just as beautiful......but not peaceful.

"LOOK AT THAT ONE!" ~ Bryce

"THERE ARE TWINS OVER THERE!" ~Paige

"CAN WE CATCH ONE?!" ~Bryce

"CAN WE TAKE SOME HOME!?" ~Paige

And so on, and so on, and so on, until we reached my sister's house.


I love to hear from you! To leave a comment, click on the “Post a Comment” link below. Have a peaceful day.

Pin It

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm coming over to PET them!!! Sheeps - I just LOVES them! ;) They're dumb and sweet! Just like me. ;) LOL!
Love the pix. Thanks for sharing.

Suzie Salmon said...

Awww. The only thing better than one baby is TWO! So adorable...and I have a border collie I could have gather them up so you could get closer :)

TexWisGirl said...

SO cute! love that bottom photo of the herd in a "bowl"...

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Love sheep. Now I want to go watch Babe. BAH-RUM-NU!

Anonymous said...

Love the lamb picts!

Dawn said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!

John said...

Those are loverly, very peaceful pictures of the sheep in the fields. By the way, I see you're in Marin County...my wife and I are from Florida but one of our all-time favorite vacations was to Point Reyes Station, it is absolutely beautiful out your way!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@John, we live about 15 minutes from Pt.Reyes Station and love it also....thanks for stopping by:)

bon bon said...

i feel more content just viewing these photos. :o)

Dar said...

Your sis is very fortunate to be the keeper of a most restful place. I miss the sheep my Dad used to raise, especially now, during lambing season. Love this last pic...looking like a painting.
BlessYourHearts

nanny said...

They look so sweet! What great scenery for your walk.

Weekend Cowgirl said...

Nothing sweeter than baby lambs... Love the nice green pastures! Love the twins.

Sue said...

Love sheep we raise them and they teach us so much. I am so glad that your children are getting to experience farm life.
Sue

Janice Grinyer said...

Okay, so...like I am so right there with your kids - I WANT ONE!

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Awww ....looking at these pictures reminds me of my parents farm. They raised pygmy goats and the babies were just as adorable as these lambs!