Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

April 26, 2011

Thoughtless Tuesday~Out the Office Window

What a difference a week or two makes.  A week and a half ago, as I was sitting in the office, I glanced out the window to find a humming bird perched on the maple tree gazing in. 


Then he saw that I had spotted him and took off.  To the feeders no doubt. 
Now, 10 or so days later, the tree has filled out.  Spring is here.  I have yet to see my little friend come back for a rest in the fully bloomed Japanese Maple.

Sometimes it's the small things in life that make my day :)
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Just click on the “Post a Comment” link below {if you view through a ‘reader’ only}. Have a peaceful day.

Pin It

16 comments:

Leontien said...

You are right! It are the small things that do it!

Thanks
Leontien

Michelle said...

A sweet bird. The small things in life do mean the most and can really make your day.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous!

www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

A simply beautiful~~ office with view!

TexWisGirl said...

that tree looks beautiful all leafed out and green! your little hummer friend is completely in camo cover now!

kara lynn bird said...

Beautiful pictures! Great view!

ann said...

I saw my first hummer today I have had a feeder out since the 1st of April. April 1 is early but they have been spotted in Indiana. Love to watch them

Katie said...

Love that office window and view! :) I'm hosting WW today. Hope you are well. My kids talk about you and carry Bryce's card all over the house.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Great bird shots!

Buttons Thoughts said...

I do think the small things make my day for sure. Beautiful photos.I can't wait till our trees have leaves. B

Unknown said...

Love those little moments in the day that can change your perspective to the good!

Thanks for the follow. I'm following you too now. Heard good things about you at our brown bag birthday party with our RFOA gang!

A bit of background, my husband and FIL ran a dairy farm (milking 80 or so) for about 40 years, quitting right before we married in 2001. We went from dairy to cow/calf to the feeders, we have about 100 of them. I posted about working with them last week! OYE! Look forward to reading more!

Suzie Salmon said...

I love when the trees leaf out! I first notice them when the trees start to look "fuzzy" in the distance, something that I just realized was happening here a couple of days ago!

Oh, and I planted some flowering currents to attract the hummingbirds. I have 4 in my lower garden and one large one up on my deck. They provide wonderful early spring color for over a month (beautiful dark pink blossoms) and since they are out so early, the hummingbirds flock to them.

Weekend Cowgirl said...

Nice bird shot and photos so relaxing!

cathy@home said...

lovely post and photos

Ginny said...

beautiful! Nothing better than some green to brighten up your day!

www.ginandjuicyjuice.blogspot.com

bon bon said...

good to see spring is on it's way! i think we still have more than a ten day wait here. ;o)