Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 31, 2011

Served Up at the Pine Cone Diner

All of my complaints about the spring {and winter} rain we've been getting here in northern CA have been forgotten.  On this last day of March, for it to be sunny and warm in Pt. Reyes Station is, well, just vibrant and glorious. 

Dominic had to make a quick trip out to the Farm Bureau office to drop something off, so Paige and I decided to tag along with the hopes of stopping for lunch while we were out there.

We drove over to the Pine Cone Diner and I think I had the most deliciously fresh club sandwich ever.  This club included chicken breast, bacon, avocado, tomato, and my favorite.....caramelized onions! 

Mouth watering to say the least. 

It's not just what was included in the club sandwich itself {besides the caramelized onions}, it is the fact that they use fresh, local ingredients for their menu items.  I consider myself pretty picky when at a restaurant and I could not find one thing wrong with my sandwich.














All the burgers at the Pine Cone Diner are all made with 100% grass-fed beef from Marin Sun Farms and all sandwiches served on Oat Nut Bread unless otherwise specified.  They totally support the local farmers and ranchers.





























There is both indoor and outdoor patio seating, so look who was able to come with us....


Chloe, being the social butterfly that she is, was able to socialize with a group of bike riders that had peddled into town and stopped for a bite to eat at the diner.  She begged for pets and then rolled over on her back for belly scratches.....definitely not shy.


















I have a feeling we'll be making many more trips out to Pine Cone Diner this summer .....especially as it's only a 15 minute ride from our front door.

I love to hear from you! To leave a comment, click on the “Post a Comment” link below. Have a peaceful day.

Pin It

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Sounds like a great place - and family & furry friend friendly!

Suzie Salmon said...

Yum! I love avocado and that sandwich looks delicious! You really can tell when a restaurant supports local growers and producers. Fresh always tastes better!

Inger said...

You made me so hungry. Good thing dinner isn't too far away. Do you live close to Point Reyes? I love it there, all those birds...Inger

Michelle said...

This sandwich looks fantastic! Love that combination on a sandwich and so great that they support local farms.

Rae said...

The sandwich looks delicious. It's nice to discover a good place like that to eat. Paige is a real cutie and that's a sweet photo of her with Chloe.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Canyon Girl, yes we live about 15 minutes from Pt. Reyes Station:)

@Farmchick, I love the caramelized onions on this sandwich...I'm sure I'll be dreaming about it now:)

@Rae, thanks so much!

Robyn said...

Looks like you and your family had a fun outing. Always great to get some much needed sunshine.

It looks like your cute little girl has a fun partner in crime.

The sun came out here yesterday. Today was balmy but in the mid-upper 40's. Bad weather headed here again Saturday night.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't even think the diners around here have even heard of Oat Nut bread, and the bike riders would have been Bikers - like the motorcycle kind, hehe. I do wish more local restaurants supported the local farmers around here. Actually, I'm hoping we could get a farmer's market w/o having to drive 20-30 miles. . .

farmer said...

I just love little places like that who support local farmers,we have one about 15 minutes away as well,great food.

The Weaver of Grass said...

What staggers me about your food in the US (and I have been many times) is that there is so much of it and on the whole it is of excellent quality. Those sandwiches look too good to eat!

cathy@home said...

that looked so good i am off to make myself a sandwich

Kymberly Foster Seabolt said...

The food pics look sublime but the one of your daughter is adorable!