Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 30, 2011

No Fear.....no, not me

Paige's new-found talent.  Vaulting.  She's into it.....at least on this pretend 'horse'.  At Farm Day, one of the demonstrations that I had to practically tear Paige away from was the horse vaulting.  She watched the 'big girls' demonstrate their moves and then only needed to be asked once if she wanted to try.

She got on and immediately mimicked what she saw the 'big girls' do....no instruction needed. 














Paige is already involved in gymnastics and has no fear, which, I believe is what's needed for vaulting atop a moving animal.  I can't even imagine the balance that's required for this sport!

Thumbs up from the instructor.
















The horse stable is located just down the street from us and we drive by it more than once a day......I don't think I'll be able to sway her from this one.


















Her cousin, Leila may have to join as well.

Towards the end of the morning, we found ourselves back over at the vaulting area just so Paige could watch the vaulting competition on the laptop that was set up at the table.

I have a feeling vaulting is not an inexpensive sport.......unfortunately.


I love to hear from you! To leave a comment, click on the “Post a Comment” link below. Have a peaceful day.



Pin It

16 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

That is so cute Nancy- Go P- good job!

TexWisGirl said...

Yup, if she's going to do it, might as well do it now when she's fearless. Yikes!

Suzie Salmon said...

She definitely looks comfortable with being up there. The daughter of a friend of ours coaches competitive gymnastics (she's even coached in our home town and lived with us while doing so). She showed me the games that were played with the small kids so that they start off distracted and don't give fear any attention. And as for expensive...I know what she makes per hour for instruction! Not to mention all the travel to meets. But I look at where it's gotten our friends daughter, who is about to go live in Australia after being invited there to coach, and I say all those lessons were worth it for her : )

Michelle said...

Go Paige!! Good that she is interested now while she has no fear!

ann said...

That is how all Olympia stars start.

Dar said...

My daughter loved the vault too, and now she has the real thing...horses, lots of horses.
Your daughter is so cute. Encourage all kinds of sports...none are easy on the pocketbook...but so good for the kids.
BlessYourHearts

Janice Grinyer said...

Shes got a great start! Along as she loves to do it, it will instill many lifelong positive traits; ask any gymnast/vaulter!

cathy@home said...

She looks like she is enjoying that
I think it's when children find something they love to do

cathy@home said...

oops what I ment to say is
She looks like she is enjoying that
I think it's great when children find something they love to do

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow she is a natural. B

Anonymous said...

OOOh boy! You know horses and girls. . .it's a fatal attraction - no female is immune! I've always been fascinated with vaulting (and barrel racing, reining. . . anything kinda dangerous) since I got my first horse, but I definitely have the fear factor so I never acted on it.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Looks like she took right to it!

crystal.cattle said...

Yes, it is not cheap, you need a horse! Some good friends of mine started off vaulting as a hobby, and now it has turned into trick riding. It is amazing (and scary) what they do!

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love a couple of gals that can vault in their cowgirl boots!

Leontien said...

everything that has to do with horses and little girls is im afraid VERY expensive, haha!

She looks great!

thanks
Leontien

nanny said...

It is so much fun to see their talents emerge.....