Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

March 30, 2011

No Fear.....no, not me

Paige's new-found talent.  Vaulting.  She's into it.....at least on this pretend 'horse'.  At Farm Day, one of the demonstrations that I had to practically tear Paige away from was the horse vaulting.  She watched the 'big girls' demonstrate their moves and then only needed to be asked once if she wanted to try.

She got on and immediately mimicked what she saw the 'big girls' do....no instruction needed. 














Paige is already involved in gymnastics and has no fear, which, I believe is what's needed for vaulting atop a moving animal.  I can't even imagine the balance that's required for this sport!

Thumbs up from the instructor.
















The horse stable is located just down the street from us and we drive by it more than once a day......I don't think I'll be able to sway her from this one.


















Her cousin, Leila may have to join as well.

Towards the end of the morning, we found ourselves back over at the vaulting area just so Paige could watch the vaulting competition on the laptop that was set up at the table.

I have a feeling vaulting is not an inexpensive sport.......unfortunately.


I love to hear from you! To leave a comment, click on the “Post a Comment” link below. Have a peaceful day.



Pin It
Post a Comment