Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 15, 2011

Meet Barina ~ what happens at the calf barn with kids

Lately, almost every one of our trips to the calf barn involve either, halter training Emma or Brittney OR adding yet another new calf to our string of  'pets'. 

Meet Barina.

Paige laid her eyes on this little calf and there was no turning back.  The two of them immediately bonded.














Paige decided that 'Barina' would make the perfect name for her new little pet. 













I had to plead with my 4 year old to leave the calf barn after an hour.  She didn't want to leave her new little friend.  I think she would have napped right next to Barina if I'd let her. 

The funny thing is, Paige doesn't nap any longer but she would have if I'd told her she could take a nap with Barina.  She would have done anything to stay longer.













I can't say that I blame her, the calves are my favorite too:)

Pin It

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet thing a little calf is. ;)

The Wife said...

Too stinkin' cute! Both of them!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh - those are awesome pics! There is nothing sweeter than a little one with a baby farm animal!

TexWisGirl said...

Yeah, I truly don't know which one is cuter... They make a perfect pair!

Leontien said...

Ohh they look very cute together!

We sold 3 calves this week to 4H kids and they both were instantly in love with their calf!

Thanks for sharing
Leontien

Michelle said...

They are so sweet together.

Verde Farm said...

Absolutely sweetest thing ever! Those pictures are so good--I just love them and I would have napped with her friend too!!

Unknown said...

Calves are my fav too!!

Kimberly said...

Awww...my boys would go crazy seeing that! I love those pictures! ~Kimberly

www.stinkerpinker.com
www.thesweetscentshop.com

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Thanks so much for all the kind words everyone!

Sue said...

This absolutely is the sweetest post I have read and viewed in a very long time. I think children and farm animals were made for each other. Thank you for such a lovely post.
Sue

Anonymous said...

We're finally having calves too! So far, we're 2/2 bulls. Looks like another Year of the Bull for us. . .

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures!

Kathleen von Raesfeld said...

Nancy, I think you should enter these beautiful photos in the fair! Absolutely stunning!

texas girl said...

how adorable!!! thanks for following me! I am so glad you found my blog. I m loving reading yours! its so funny because I love reading about your dairy operation, I was in agriculture for 3 years at sam houston state before I put off school to have my baby! I was actuley focusing on horse breeding and genetics but lord I love cows!! I was in the livestock judging club and loved doing the cows but some how I always managed to get stuck doing the pigs!!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

Seriously where do you live? can i come over for a play date?

Unknown said...

Love how the kiddos fall in love with the barn. Miss Add jumps at the chance to go to the barn with Papaw too :)