Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 26, 2011

Having a Moment

It's a rainy Saturday.  Once again, Bryce's Little League opening day festivities were cancelled due to all the rain we're experiencing.  So it's an at home, indoors kind of day for us. 

We're experiencing a little 'cabin fever'.  Running low on our list of activities.  I may have to resort to taking my kids to the 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' movie tomorrow.....Bryce's favorite series of books to read.......I don't necessarily recommend this series for the younger kids because the 'S' word {stupid} is said a lot in them.  And we're not allowed to say that word in our house....not even the adults.  Not sure if the movie will happen or not, but he's been begging me to go.

So at the end of a long and rainy day I found a little pocket of quiet time for myself, where the kids had gone into their rooms to play 'Star Wars battles the princesses and pocket ponies'.

I had myself a little Moment.

Bread and butter.  Yep, that's right, I ate all three pieces.....okay, maybe four.














And then added a glass of wine. 


















How was your Saturday?  What did you do?
Pin It

13 comments:

ellie k said...

we are newly retired so it still seems like we have 6 saturdays and then a sunday. We are still getting the hang of retirement. I still think I have to do my laundry on the real sat. I do love being retired, the old part is a little harder to deal with.

Kymberly Foster Seabolt said...

Sometimes you've just gotta.

I had a mac n' cheese moment myself. The gooey, oven baked kind. :)

TexWisGirl said...

Oh yes! And sometimes lightly TOASTED french bread with thinly sliced cheese on top... :)

Michelle said...

We went to see the Wimpy Kid movie and it was cute. We saw the first one as well. I had a wine moment myself after we got home....it is rainy and yucky here too!!!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@ellie, 6 Saturdays! That sounds fabulous!

@Kymberly, Mac n' cheese sounds like the perfect comfort food:)

@texwisgirl, I like the toasted idea....oh, and the cheese:)

@farmchick, glad to hear the movie is cute...sounds like you guys had a great rainy day:)

Unknown said...

wine and bread... two of my favorite food groups!! hehe!!

Sue said...

Dh and I thrift shop hopped today as it was cold and rainy, I can relate to having these private moments, and remember having to grasp everyone I could with a vengeance. Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Dar said...

Everyone needs a little ' me ' time, especially with 'cabin fever' going round. Mine sometimes involves cho. ice cream and hot coffee...or toast and honey. You have the right idea, tho, all 4 pieces.
I cooked, and did a cabin drive. Cabin fever is going around here too.
It was good to get outside, even tho it was cold and windy.
BlessYourHearts

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Liz, I couldn't agree more:)

@Sue, thrift shop hopping sounds like a great rainy day activity....I'll have to remember that one and the kids would get into it also:)

@Dar, I can't wait to see some of your barn pics that I'm sure will be coming up!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Good bread spread with good butter is the one food I just cannot eat slowly - I just need to cram it into my mouth. Maybe it is the dairy farmer syndrome! Hope it has stopped raining.

Sarah said...

We aren't aloud to say "stupid" at our house either.
My Saturday was spent at a birthday party. Then at my in-laws for supper and watching the Butler game! Whoo Hoo go Bulldogs!!!

www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

Misty DawnS said...

After Hubs got back from feeding yesterday, we painted the living room. You've inspired me to find just a little bit of time for myself... maybe today :-)

The Quilt Fairy said...

What did you do to me? I just finished two generous slices of bread with even more generous spread of butter and a pinch of salt, oh well, the wine too. It felt good; sometimes we overlook the simple things that make us content! Thank you for sharing.