Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 12, 2011

Date Night

I thought our schedule would lesson once we were past the holiday rush, but I have yet to see it slow down.  Dominic and I haven't had a date night with just the two of us since the first part of December, so when Paige asked if I could sign her and Bryce up for 'Parent's Night Out' at the gym, I took her up on it.

Once a month my gym hosts 'Parent's Night Out' from 6- 9:30 p.m.  It's a popular option that many parents take advantage of.  The kids love it, they get to play games, do craft projects, watch a movie and eat pizza for dinner, while the parents can enjoy date night.


Dominic and I headed to the Wild Fox Restaurant where I had mesquite salmon and Dominic ordered a rib eye steak that was just huge, juicy and delicious.  {my photos did not turn out, as I had the wrong lens for the lighting}

After the Wild Fox, we headed over to another long time local restaurant, the Hilltop, for dessert {for me}.



I had chocolate waffle with bourbon butter cream ice cream.  I must try and recreate this one at home, it was so good!

Date night was just long enough to enjoy a fabulous dinner, have uninterrupted conversation and enjoy a tasty dessert.


















Home and in bed by 10:00 p.m.

What did you do on your Friday night?

Pin It

10 comments:

Katie said...

Our Friday night was a bizarre blizzard and didn't go as planned at all! But we have instead found wonderful family time together we'll being coped up inside. So happy you had some quality date night time together. I MISS you Nancy. I think we at least need a phone date!
Katie

TexWisGirl said...

Sounds like a great break for you all! :)

Michelle said...

My daughter had a friend over, so it was a bit nuts at my house! Your evening sounds much better!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Katie, I saw your post on that crazy blizzard! Glad you're all okay!

@DeanO, new owners just took over the Hilltop, it was closed for a while....and can you believe I totally forgot to take a photo of the beautiful view?!

@Farmchick, your night actually sounds like a fun one too. It's great having all the kids to your own house, isn't it?!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Oh, and @Katie, yes! A phone chat would be great! We need to plan our next adventure!....or at least talk about it:)

Anonymous said...

Made homemade goat milk chapstick, put the kids to bed early and CRASHED!

Verde Farm said...

All good parents deserve “date nights.” Great that they do the things with the kids--that sounds wonderful. Looks like 2 great places to eat--the dessert sounds FABULOUS :)

tipper said...

You know I can't even remember what I did on Friday night! But your evening looks like a winner to me!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

haha- Gotta have date night- We had one last weekend but same thing- bed by ten- they monkeys were at a sleep over and from what I heard they were up later than us!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

your gym is amazing. i'm amazed.