Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 26, 2010

A Weekend of Purses, Organization, Haircuts & a Bath

Now this is the way to begin a weekend......a purse party!  I haven't been to a purse party in at least three years, I was due to go again.  If you don't already know, at a purse party you must be there at the exact time the party begins because if you're late, all the most popular purses will be snatched up when you arrive.  It's a purse buying frenzy, let me tell you!  I did arrive a little late, but I still found one I really love.
















I was looking for one that was deep enough to carry all my things plus my big camera without it falling out the top.  I liked this one because of it's depth, the color can go with black or brown and anything in between....perfect!















There was also a ton of food to sample at the party.  After a pot sticker, I went right for Leslie's cupcakes.

While eating my cupcake, I enjoyed the beautiful moon rise from Helen's back deck.  What a view she has!


Organization.  Remember my Ikea trip a few days ago?  Here are some of the magazine holders I bought.  The kids and I organized  the few piles of magazines I had laying about.  This is SO much better than storing them in various stacks!

If you haven't looked through a Food Network magazine, you MUST!  This is one of my very favorite foodie magazines.  I keep them ALL.  They have great recipes from all the Food Network stars that are really easy to prepare. 


Just so you know, I'll be featuring some of the recipes from the magazine, here on the blog....stay tuned.


Haircuts on the deck for both, Paige and Bryce {I think most of you know I was a hairdresser before kids}.  Paige LOVES getting her hair done.  She's such a girlie girl.



Bryce, on the other hand....not so much.


He's only happy when the job is complete.


And poor, poor Chloe just dreads bath day. 


Look how sad she looks!


She is just NOT happy with me AT all.  She refuses to even look at me.


She's also only happy when the job is complete.

Especially when she can hang out at my feet, in the office.


Or under the desk.
A busy, productive weekend for us.  What did you do??

Happy Sunday!

Pin It

8 comments:

Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs said...

Love the new purse and thanks for input on the Food Network magazine. I saw an ad for it today and wondered if it was any good.

Sarah Prokop said...

Your kids are adorable! Love the pictures! What did I do this weekend?? I'm gassed, my oldest son had a soccer tournament allll weekend while hubby is working a 48!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Heather, yes, they pack in a bunch of great recipes in that magazine! I just love it!

Sarah, a soccer tournament all weekend in this heat! You guys MUST be tired! Hope you all get some rest:)

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Great photos- I love the look on all three of your kids faces- My dog will not look at me when I give him a bath either-

The Food Network mag looks fantastic- I subscribe to Cooking Light and USED to love getting my Bon Appetit.
I'll take a look next time we're at the library.

Jennifer James said...

I love Food Network magazine as well! I don't miss buying an issue. Maybe I should go ahead and subscribe. It'll save me some money!

Ann said...

I too went to a purse party but one way down in GA!! No haircuts for us this weekend...it rained all day Sunday so we watched movies most of the afternoon. It was a relaxing weekend.
Have a wonderful week~
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Kimber Christian said...

I love the look on your son's face - priceless! A friend gave me that exact Food Network magazine this weekend and it's awesome! The pictures alone are worth buying it. I have to ask...are Chloe's eyes bleeding during her bath?

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Thanks Kimber! Yes, the Food Network magazine is great isn't it?! And no, that is not blood coming from Chloe's eyes. Those are tear stains that become VERY apparent when she is wet. When she dries, you can still see a little staining but not as much. Thanks for asking the question so I could clear that up for everyone:)